I had decided that the following 23 rules were important to follow as I evaluated my TBI and the life that became my future. My hope is that whoever reads this can apply any of the rules to their own life. Not all will apply, since this is my own list, but I would imagine you can find something meaningful within the 23. After re-reading my list, I think many of the 23 relate to attitude and how we see the world. Thank you so much for following 23.
Nick’s 23 Rules for Life
1. Believe in faith, hope, and love.
2. Never be afraid to fail. It takes “baby steps” to make a dream come true.
3. The critics are here for a reason.
4. Seek out positive personal relationships and know your family.
5. Somebody always has it worse.
6. Find your voice and speak it aloud.
7. Do not give in to self-pity, regret, or fear.
8. The path to happiness is to make others happy.
9. A positive attitude is everything; define the moment.
10. Forgiveness restores power.
11. See your glass as always half full.
12. Accept others for who they are; everyone has a powerful story.
13. If you have your health, you have everything.
14. It’s the heart that really matters in the end.
15. Know that with love, anything is possible.
16. Without compassion, humanity could not exist.
17. Never quit on yourself; never rely on excuses.
18. We are never alone; if one wins, we all win.
19. Focus on what you’ve found, not on what you’ve lost.
20. Never fear the unknown.
21. We can never give what we do not possess.
22. Life and people are basically good.
23. What we do to others we ultimately do to ourselves